JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
At this age, your child is growing up and becoming more independent, creative and self confident.
They are happy to play with their toys for longer periods of time and are very keen to try new thinks.
Children of this age are starting to understand about other people's feelings and our staff will teach and encourage children the best ways of working through conflicts and to control his or her emotions.
Children thrive on learning through play. Horizon Lighthouse staff understand this and will at all times take caution in watching the children play safely outside through running, hopping, throwing and kicking balls, climbing, and swinging.
During the year, your child will learn to: -
- Speak clearly using more complex sentences
- Count ten or more objects
- Correctly name at least four colours and three shapes
- Recognise some letters and possibly write his or her name
- Better understand the concept of time and the order of daily activities, like breakfast in the morning, lunch in the afternoon, and dinner at night
- Have a greater attention span
- Follow two- to three-part commands. For example, "Put your book away, brush your teeth, and then get in bed."
- Recognise familiar words, such as "STOP"
- Know his or her address and phone number, if taught
- Stand on one foot for more than 9 seconds
- Do a somersault and hop
- Walk up and down stairs without help
- Walk forward and backwards easily
- Copy a triangle, circle, square, and other shapes
- Draw a person with a body
- Stack 10 or more blocks
- Use a fork and spoon
- Dress and undress and take care of other personal needs without much help.
|Back||Back to top|