JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
During this year, your little one will grow and develop in many ways. They will be more curious than ever and will probably be full of questions.
This year of your child's life is magical, as your child is starting to listen to you and their imaginations are running even more wild.
We at Horizon Lighthouse encourage the children to talk, explain themselves and explore. We will have so much fun finding out their answers to questions asked and we will certainly be keen listeners to their fun and interesting stories.
In this class we will teach and encourage the children to: -
- Feed themselves without messing
- Drink without spilling
- Button up his/her own buttons
- Tie his/her own shoe laces
- Introduction to printing alphabetic letters and numbers
- Correctly name familiar colours
- Understand the idea of same and different
- Pretend and fantasise more creatively
- Follow three-part commands
- Remember parts of a story
- Understand time better (for example, morning, afternoon, night)
- Count, and understand the concept of counting
- Sort objects by shape and colour
- Complete age-appropriate puzzles
- Recognise and identify common objects and pictures
- Build with blocks
- Kick, throw, and catch a ball
- Hop and stand on one foot for up to five seconds
- Independent washing and drying of hands.
- Arts and Crafts
- String beads
- Painting 'designs' on paper
- Mould clay into balls, cakes and strips and be able to name his/her creation
- Draw in circular movements
- Cut on a line with a pair of scissors
- Draw a square using crayons
- Cutting pictures out and paste them onto paper.â€‹
|Back||Back to top|